Heavy duty non O-ring chain

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
yeadon_m

Re: Heavy duty non O-ring chain

Post by yeadon_m »

Snowy,

My cheap crap stretchy chain sideplates are 2mm, and the HD chain sideplates were 2.5 or 2.6mm. So Baz's recommendation looks like the one to try. My cheapie also had DID50 only stamped into the plates.

I am going to risk the one I mentioned and will ask them sideplate thickness first though, and let you know what I get.

Shovel out to go up to shed and swap Optimate from 750 to 380 this morning...a big weekend in biking :-(((

Cheers!
Mike
snowyrock

Post by snowyrock »

i have sent a question to them also , but i feel the dearer uk spec chain is the one we need
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

c'mon mike just go buy another optimiser saves going out in the cold,John

yeadon_m wrote:Snowy,

My cheap crap stretchy chain sideplates are 2mm, and the HD chain sideplates were 2.5 or 2.6mm. So Baz's recommendation looks like the one to try. My cheapie also had DID50 only stamped into the plates.

I am going to risk the one I mentioned and will ask them sideplate thickness first though, and let you know what I get.

Shovel out to go up to shed and swap Optimate from 750 to 380 this morning...a big weekend in biking :-(((

Cheers!
Mike
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Guys,

Just spotted chain and sprockets kits on ebay. Not sure of the quality but would be nice to hear what you think. Not bought my kit as yet as still wondering weather to go for a new DID.

Regards

Martin

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-GT-750-B-1 ... 2a0d0cb847

PS here's the item number incase the link doesn't work. 180607563847
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Just took the plunge and bought a DID 530NZ-106 chain for my GT750A. I was hoping it was the thicker side-plates non O-ring version of the poor stretchy thing that I have on now. It is....superb and heavy-duty. Also bought through Robinsons.

I popped to the shed and checked the GT380 chain....yep, same..has 530NZ stamped on every few links and DID alternating. Good news, since I have not adjusted that chain for >2500miles other than when I've had the wheel off.

So if anyone fancies a heavy duy non O-ring chain, I think this is it.

Cheers,
Mike
Attachments
DID 530NZ 106 (Large).jpg