didge

Re: GT 750 "Twin Cylinder Head" models 1973 K' and 1974 L' b

Post by didge »

It's no doubt a stupid question, but what did Suzuki hope to gain had this experiment been a success ?
oldjapanesebikes

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Gunnar Forsgren contributed an article on this topic to the Field Guide (click here for the link) which includes some additional photos. As to the 'why' - no idea what the thinking could have been. Last time I checked, Reiner still had the gaskets and I recall also that Erik Potze in NL had, or could supply, the correct length head bolts (they are longer).

I also list the parts numbers for the 50MPH setup, plus a couple of other Japanese specific differences here.
Last edited by oldjapanesebikes on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com
didge

Post by didge »

Harleys riders ( RIDERS I said,not them hog boys) often fit longer barrels than standard, (strokers they call them,) which allows longer conrods, giving longer strokes to the pistons, giving more BHP, gotta be worth a thought surely.

I realise who you are now Glenn, when you said about an enquiry through the VJMC the penny dropped, (I'm the VJMC Taunton and Bridgwater coordinator)
oldjapanesebikes

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

didge wrote:Harleys riders ( RIDERS I said,not them hog boys) often fit longer barrels than standard, (strokers they call them,) which allows longer conrods, giving longer strokes to the pistons, giving more BHP, gotta be worth a thought surely.
I checked the Japanese market parts manual, and the conrods are the same part number for all models - split head and single head versions. Other than the heads, gaskets, and bolts everything else is the same. Its a puzzle.
==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com